Wednesday 31 December 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year!

Niche, Predjama Castle (Grad Predjama, Slovenia), by Mary Stebbins Taitt. For Nadine, over at In Blue Ink, because she likes European windows and niches.

This began as a photograph, which I painted over digitally with a smudge brush. I then added the flowers and leaves with a combination of collage (compositing) and digital painting. I will post the original photo here for your comparison if you are interested.

We are in Syracuse NY and I will not always have internet access, so responses and comments may be slow or nonexistent until I return home. I started this in the car on the way here, and just finished it. Click the image to view it larger.

I hope you have a great 2009. I am posting this here because I've already done more than my share of smudge paintings ont he regular blog and it is a greeting for you all! ENJOY! (The evening and the year). Mary

3 comments:

Katie J said...

tis lovely Mary. A beautiful smudge painting. When you took the pic did you have this in mind as it was a very plain pic without the flower vase.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Actually, I was just recording windows and niches for my daughter who loves them, but this one seemed to need soemthing more.

Hope you are well. I have a nasty rotten cold. (I feel really miserable).

I got CS4 and a Cintiq tablet for the MAC, but I still cannot get used to the Mac.

I may well regret having purchased all this Mac stuff.

What are you up to this new year? Gals? Everyone OK?

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I just realized I linked the wrong "here", it was supposed to be the earlier one where you could see the original here, rather than on the way "here"--sorry.

The original is linked later.